Therapeutic massage has been proven beneficial in reducing muscular pain and tension; relieving lower back pain; lessening depression; sleep disorders, lowering high blood pressure, increasing flexibility, and much more!
Experts believe that 90% of stress accounts for 80-90% of illnesses and disease. As massage is a great stress-reliever, you can see that we can avoid a lot of current, stress-related illnesses via massage therapy.
1. Massage feels great! Post massage leaves your body and mind at ease and in a state of relaxation.
2. Pain Relief Massage provides significant reduction in back pain, (including lower back pain), migraine headaches, neck aches, shoulder pain, joint pain, overused or sore muscles, arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and muscle injuries.
3. Stress! Massage provides deep relaxation lessening your muscle tension and lowering your blood pressure (by reducing heart and pulse rates). Massage increases your mental clarity, heightens mental alertness, and revitalizes your mind.
4. Combating age Massage therapy and bodywork improves immune system functioning while relieving muscle aches and stiffness. Massage also enhances tissue elasticity and joint flexibility; improves blood and lymph circulation; and promotes healthy vibrant skin.
5. Calming Emotions Massage therapy increases self-esteem, improves your mood, decreases depression, reduces anxiety, and quiets insomnia.
6. Accelerated Healing Massage therapy speeds healing of muscles, tissues, and skin. Thus sports massage is used and great for post-workouts, post-surgery, and muscle soreness in general.
7. Increased Flexibility/Mobility Massage therapy is perfect for people who workout, are physically fit, those who are athletes, elderly, and even pre/post surgery. Massage is wonderful for improving motor skills. Massage therapy also maintains posture in the skeletal system.
8. Removing Built Up Toxins Massage flushes away waste products from your muscles, tissues, and skin more easily. This helps digestive disorders (such as spastic colon, constipation and intestinal gas).
9. Improving and Maintaining Skin Tone Massage therapy stimulates skin gland production, leaving clear, healthy skin. Massage to the skin also helps to reduce superficial scar tissue, improving skin condition(s).
10. Better overall health investment, maintenance of optimal health
Decreases pain and increases functioning in these conditions:
Helps treat and manage symptoms or complications of:
Other psychological, emotional, and physical benefits:
Tendon and muscle tears
Thoracic outlet syndrome
Pregnancy-related back pain and other discomfort
Sore or overused muscles (prevents and treats)
Muscle injury (offers rehabilitation)
Hypertension and congestive heart failure
Reduces risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases
Lower stress levels
Lessening of depression
Reduced anger and aggression
Improved sleep patterns and decreased sleep disturbance
Enhances immune system
Improves athletic performance and enhances recovery
Why Massage? from Ultimate Body, Mind & Spirit
Massage Therapy Toledo | 3450 W. Central Ave., Suite 310 Toledo, OH 43606
What specific conditions can massage therapy help?
Massage helps the body in many ways, relax muscle tissue, which may lead to decreased nerve compression, increased joint space and range of motion. This leads to reduced pain and improved function. Additionally, massage therapy improves circulation, enhancing the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscle cells and helps remove waste products.
Here are some of conditions and ailments that can be improved with the use of massage therapy.
Welcome to Ultimate Body, Mind & Spirit, massage therapy Toledo. We specialize in the treatment and rehabilitation of our clients through the use of massage, sports massage and body work. If you suffer from pain due to a sports injury, auto accident, on the job mishap or just from the stress of everyday life; our goal is to relieve your pain with massage.